presents our first Feed Your Picky Eater parent Webinar for 2020…
This workshop is being held ONLINE.
Join us in the Kids Dig Food virtual meeting room via our Zoom link. We’ll send you the link once you’ve booked your spot.
The workshop is suitable for parents of kids aged 1-12 years old. From young children who have recently transitioned to solid foods right through to parents of late primary school age kids.
Need help to feed your picky eater?
We’ve got your back.
If you are reading this, our guess is that that feeding your kids hasn’t always been easy for you.
Our bet is that you’ve had many a moment where you’ve thought at least one of these things:
- Why won’t my 3-year-old just eat her dinner?
- Why do I even bother? They never eat it anyway!
- He’s 8-years-old now and still won’t he eat his veggies!
- How have I found myself held to ransom by a 4-year-old and a box of chicken nuggets?
- Why does every family mealtime end up in disaster?
We know that feeding kids can be HARRRD work. We know that you want to feed your kids nourishing foods and you want them to grow to be happy and healthy humans. You’re sick and tired of mealtimes being unpleasant and stressful.
Attend this workshop from your couch.
By popular demand, we are offering this workshop in the cozy Kids Dig Food virtual Zoom meeting room, so you can join us from wherever you are… Coffee, tea, or something stronger in hand!
The workshop will also be recorded and available to you to watch back afterwards. The link will be live for 1 month post-workshop.
There will be opportunity for discussion, questions and trouble-shooting your feeding challenges all from the comfort of your couch or office.
If you are struggling with feeding your picky eater, our workshop will help. We also know that the EARLIER you set your family on a helpful feeding path, the better.
Don’t put it off.
Experience has shown us that things tend to get harder, NOT easier with time if you are on struggle-street.
Picture this… You. In a VIRTUAL room with the Kids Dig Food team and a group of parents just like you. A place and time that you can dedicate to finding some REAL solutions for feeding your family in the way you have always dreamed. We promise to give you the knowledge and confidence to start your picky eater on the road to learning to like new foods, and to create more peaceful family mealtimes. Your dining table or kitchen bench will become a place of learning instead of a battle-ground. You will even walk away with your own personal PLAN (if you are ready for it!) to begin managing fussy eating in a fruitful and responsive way.
Get ready to put food battles and worries about your family’s nutrition behind you.
You’ll be supported by other parents and carers who are determined to learn how to feed their picky eaters without going crazy.
Will the Feed your Picky Eater parent workshop help me?
Yes! If you have tried EVERYTHING to get your child to eat and you don’t know what to do next
Yes! If you dread family mealtimes
Yes! If you are sick of battles, begging, meltdowns and arguments at dinner
Yes! If you are open-minded and ready to make changes to the way you feed your family
Yes! If you’re not sure how to get your child to accept new foods
Yes! If you have a long-term vision of your children building a healthy relationship with food for life
By the end of the workshop you will understand:
- Why some kids are more fussy with food than others
- Why bribes, coaxing, rewards, punishment and over-the-top praise won’t help your child eat better
- How your own food history influences how you feed your kids
- How children learn (about food and everything else)
- What to expect from your kids at meal and snack time
- What your kids need from you at meal and snack time
- The tools you can use to make mealtimes work better for everyone
- What to do if parents (you or your spouse/partner) are picky!
- How to write your family food plan
About your presenters:
Deb Blakley and Bonnie Searle, Accredited Practicing Dietitians
Meet the Kids Dig Food team
Deb Blakley, Ines Astudillo and Bonnie Searle are friendly and down-to-earth Accredited Practising Dietitians who believe in the right of every person to EAT HAPPY! We delight in supporting kids and grown-ups to positively and joyfully connect or reconnect with food and eating.
We believe that ALL bodies are amazing, and apply a weight-neutral, non-diet approach in supporting kids to grow into the bodies that are right for them. Kids Dig Food Dietitians are passionate about empowering parents, carers, families and educators to make decisions about nutrition and health from a place of care and consideration rather than control.
Our team is constantly building on our skills and expertise:
- All team members regularly attend ongoing training by world-renowned experts in feeding dynamics and child feeding through the Ellyn Satter Institute.
- All team members are committed to ongoing training in mindful eating practice, non-diet approach and motivational interviewing skills
- Deb has attended professional development in Engaging your Senses: Making Sense of Mealtimes workshop facilitated by Gillian Griffiths, OT and Denise Stapylton, APD
- Deb and Ines have training in SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) Approach to Feeding
We are pleased to offer private consultations in Brisbane, Australia and phone and online consultations to families who can’t make it to see one of us in person. Each member of our team will provide you with a common-sense and family-focused approach to food and eating.
We are committed to supporting each and every participant to walk away from this workshop with a plan to start EATING HAPPY with your kids!
Reviews from previous participants:
It’s been 3 weeks & the changes I’m seeing in my daughter’s eating habits are amazing! It’s definitely a slow road but persistence & the knowledge & tools I gained from the webinar will make it an easy road instead of a non stop struggle! I highly recommend this webinar if you have an older child my daughter is 5 and I learnt so much! Anonymous – Webinar participant, September 2019
Great practical ideas, they reassure me I am not alone in my family’s food journey. Strategies that I can implement into our routine. Removed my anxiety that I am doing the right thing. Lee, Biggera Waters – Workshop participant, October 2018
Great Workshop, thank you very much. Definitely feel like I have lots of practical tips to now put into place. Cara, Manly – Workshop participant, October 2018
Food has been such a stressful topic in our house, but the tools and information shared by Deb are the light at the end of the tunnel. I’ll be implementing the things I learned ASAP. Thanks! Michael, Mitchelton – Workshop participant, March 2018