Date(s) - August 21, 2019
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Our Family Health Care clinic
695 Sandgate Road
Clayfield QLD 4011
Starting solids with your baby is an exciting time. If you’re feeling a little unprepared, or you’ve been getting conflicting information about what, how and when, you’re in the right place. This workshop is designed to help you navigate this exciting time with confidence.
This is a SMALL GROUP workshop, with a maximum of 6 families (parents and babies) attending so that you can get the most out of our time together.
Get ready to pack your bags for the food journey!
This workshop is ideal for parents with babies under 1 year of age.
Workshop content summary: No-nonsense, clear and evidence-based information on how to introduce solid foods to baby, progression through textures, normal child eating behaviours, managing picky eating (the basics) and the foundation principles to help your child build a healthy relationship with food for life!
When? Wednesday 21st August 2019 from 9:30am-11:30am
Where? Our Family Health Care clinic, Level 1, 695 Sandgate Road, Clayfield.
What does the workshop include?
This 2 hour workshop is delivered by Accredited Practicing Dietitian, Deb Blakley + includes Q&A time + parent info pack + a yummy morning tea. Feeding methods discussed will be suitable for children aged 4-12 months
Topics covered will include:
* Feeding methods discussed will be suitable for children from 4-12 months.
* Signs baby is ready for solids
* When, what and how of starting solids
* Getting texture right
* Iron – a key nutrient of importance
* How much is “enough” food
* Introducing solids to children at risk of food allergy
* Normal child eating behaviour and tips for getting kids to eat a variety
* Parent and children’s jobs in feeding
* Food refusal – When the honeymoon is over
* Balancing milk and solid food
* Using food pouches & commercial baby food
Babies are welcome
Babies under 1 year can be accommodated in the workshop with parents attending. If you are bringing your baby, we ask you to be mindful of other participants if your baby becomes very unsettled.
We feed you
And not forgetting your tummies too – we provide a light morning tea to keep you well-nourished while you are with us. We are food-lovers after all!).
Single ticket – $80+GST
Double ticket – $120+GST (This ticket is available for parent couples or parent/carer/grandparent who wish to attend together)
About your presenter:
Deb Blakley, B App Sc, GrDip Nut&Diet
Accredited Practicing Dietitian & Director of Kids Dig Food®
Deb has been an Accredited Practicing Dietitian since 1997. She is renowned for her common-sense and family-focussed approach to food and eating. You will walk away from this workshop with ALL the knowledge you need to introduce solid foods to your baby with confidence.
About the Kids Dig Food team
Deb Blakley and her team are friendly and down-to-earth Accredited Practising Dietitians who believe in the right of every person to EAT HAPPY! We delight in supporting kids and grown-ups to positively and joyfully connect or reconnect with food and eating.
Kids Dig Food Dietitians are passionate about empowering parents, carers, families and educators to make decisions about nutrition and health from a place of care and consideration rather than control.
Our team is constantly building on our skills and expertise:
- All team members regularly attend ongoing training by world-renowned experts in feeding dynamics and child feeding through the Ellyn Satter Institute.
- All team members are committed to ongoing training in mindful eating practice, non-diet approach and motivational interviewing skills
- Deb has attended professional development in Engaging your Senses: Making Sense of Mealtimes workshop facilitated by Gillian Griffiths, OT and Denise Stapylton, APD
- Deb and Ines have training in SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) Approach to Feeding
We are pleased to offer private consultations in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, Australia and phone and online consultations to families who can’t make it to see one of us in person. All Kids Dig Food Dietitians provide their clients with a common-sense and family-focused approach to food and eating.
We are committed to supporting each and every participant to walk away from this workshop with a plan to start EATING HAPPY with your kids!
Reviews from previous participants:
This workshop was a wonderful introduction to beginning solids. I have walked away feeling confident to begin the food journey for my child and now have lots of practical tips to make the first steps as smooth as possible.
Laura, Feb 2015
I had already started introducing solids to my six month old daughter before going to see Deb and had been doing a mixture of purées and baby led weaning. Deb’s info helped me feel confident in what I was already doing but gave me SO many more idea and tips for what I could do! My daughters food experiences will be exciting for both of us from now on!
Sally, Feb 2015
Bookings are closed for this event.