|2-20||5-10 minutes||nil or 5 minutes|
- Any leftover or deli meats of your choice. Vegetarian alternatives: egg, lentil patties or not-burgers
- Grain bread, cut into toast fingers or crackers
- Vegetable sticks e.g. fresh carrot, celery, capsicum, beans, snow peas (crunchy) OR steamed carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini (softer consistency for younger children)
- Fruit – your choice
- Something interesting from your cupboard. Think out of the box for this one e.g. pitted olives, tinned artichokes, sardines, mussels
- Cheese – e.g. cheddar, Colby, bocconcini, brie, parmesan, Babybel
- Dip of your choice – your choice of home-made or store-bought hommus, tzatziki, pumpkin, avocado, beetroot or simply plain yoghurt.
- Prepare veggies, fruit, cheese, meat etc – cut into sticks or bite-sized pieces. Steam veggies if required for smaller children.
- Toast bread in toaster. If you have chosen vegetarian patties, heat frying pan to medium heat & cook the lentil patties or not-burgers from frozen, 2-3 minutes each side.
- Remove bread from toaster and cut into fingers. Remove vegetarian patties from pan and cut into fingers.
- Arrange the antipasto on a large plate and let everyone help themselves from the shared plate.
- RECIPE TIP: Try kids antipasto as a lunchbox option. All ingredients can be served cold.